Monday, October 17, 2011

The Semi-Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze

Last year I was browsing around the internet and found out about this amazing event in the historic Hudson Valley. At the Van Cortlandt manor estates they hold an annual jack-o-lantern blaze where you can see over 4000 individually hand carved illuminated pumpkins. Absolutely breathtaking! Please visit the Historic Hudson Valley website for more photos and info.

The great jack-o-lantern blaze


Van Cortlandt manor

I just love jack-o-lanterns. The way they look, the smell, and especially the history. For some reason they just make me happy. I even have a grinning jack-o-lantern tattooed on my leg. So since it's such a long drive from Oregon to New York I had my own blaze last year. I invited friends and family over to a pumpkin carving party to help me carve over 80 jack-o-lanterns. We had planned on doing this outside but of course the dreaded Oregon rain decided to show up so we had to move indoors. I had pumpkin guts strewn from one end of my house to the other. But the finished project was so well worth it!

Enjoy these pictures from last years Semi-Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze and pumpkin carving party. 
Creepy Punch


A shitload of pumpkins
My sis taking out her aggressions
My son and the porch dummy. My sons on the left lol.
Carved pumpkins along the fence




















HAPPY HALLOWEEN


3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a lit jacko at night. Thanks for the great pictures. Looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicKED so glad you liked the pics! I just love a jack-o-lantern lit evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome!
    I´d love to get a Pumpkin for my little Halloween bash. But for some reason they start selling them in september. Next week every Pumpkin thats left will be allready rotting. Spoiled my soup-plans last year. And no barfing pumpkin for the buffet. :-(

    ReplyDelete